Hi, my name is
I am building software of Internet Scale.
I’m a software engineer specializing in building (and occasionally designing) large scale Distributed systems & Softwares. I have an entrepreneurial mindset and I am interested in building exceptional products & experiences. Currently, I’m focused on building new products and services at IBM Cloud Platform.
Hello! My name is Gufran and I enjoy building software that is scalable, robust, and secure by design. My interest in software development started back in 2012 when I tried to build a simple website.
During my college days, I heavily got interested in building Community Platform for Developers, Ednsquare — Blogging & QnA Platform It serves as a playground for developers to learn & share knowledge.
Fast-forward to today, and I’ve had the privilege of working on large-scale enterprise software and solving challenging problems for customers. I also works with a few early stage startups. Currently, I’m focused on building new products and services at IBM Cloud Platform
Over the course of time, I got the chance to work on various technology and frameworks, but I am more interested in building exceptional softwares rather than just being attached to specific framework or technology and I believe in Software Craftsmanship. Here are a few areas of computing that I am interested in
- Distributed Systems & Networking
- High Performance Computing
- Software Architecture and Design
- Confidential/Trustless Computing
Where I’ve Worked
Software Engineer @ IBM Software Lab
March 2021 - Present
- Worked with architects to design the Cloud Infrastructure that is compliant with NIST, FS-Cloud, and Federal-Cloud security standards
- Built standard Terraform providers for provisioning Cloud Infrastructures such as VPCs, Kubernetes Clusters, and Services that are compliant with NIST standards
- Built Micro-services and components for platform services with High Scalability, Throughput & Security at its core
- Built Kubernetes Operators to deploy the Applications & Services on-demand as elasticity in the Cloud increases or decreases
- Implemented Service Mesh design patterns for securing the Application workloads with Istio and Linkerd
- Performed day to day operations such as deploying Platform Services, building CI/CD automation pipelines, debugging services & providing fixes as needed
Get In Touch
Although I’m not currently looking for any new opportunities, my inbox is always open. Whether you have a question or just want to have discussion about some cool tech trend or a product, feel free to drop me a message, I’ll try my best to get back to you!Say Hello