Hi, my name is
I am building software of Internet Scale.
I’m a software engineer specializing in building (and occasionally designing) large scale Distributed systems & Softwares. I have an entrepreneurial mindset and I am interested in building exceptional products & experiences.
I’m back to school one more time and I am working towards my Masters In Computer Science from George Mason University .
Hello! My name is Gufran and I enjoy building software that is scalable, robust, and secure by design. My interest in software development started back in 2012 when I tried to build a simple website.
During my college days, I heavily got interested in building Community Platform for Developers, Ednsquare — Blogging & QnA Platform It serves as a playground for developers to learn & share knowledge.
Fast-forward to today, and I’ve had the privilege of working on large-scale enterprise software and solving challenging problems for customers. I also works with a few early stage startups. I also have worked on building new products and services at IBM Cloud Platform
Over the course of time, I got the chance to work on various technology and frameworks, but I am more interested in building exceptional softwares rather than just being attached to specific framework or technology and I believe in Software Craftsmanship. Here are a few areas of computing that I am interested in
- Distributed Systems & Networking
- Confidential/Trustless Computing
- Software Architecture and Design
- High Performance Computing
Where I’ve Worked
Graduate Student @ George Mason University
Aug 2022 - Present
- I am working towards my Masters In Computer Science and my focus areas are Operating Systems, Distributed Systems, Networks and Infrastructure.
- I am hacking on CPU Architectures and Trusted Executions Environments (TEE) features. Workload Isolation, Physical Memory Protection to secure the data in use.
- Exploiting the TEE features to build secure computation plan such as Confidential Virtual Machines, Confidential Containers and Confidential Kubernetes etc.
- Link to the Github repository - https://github.com/gufranmirza/confidential-containers
Get In Touch
Although I’m not currently looking for any new opportunities, my inbox is always open. Whether you have a question or just want to have discussion about some cool tech trend or a product, feel free to drop me a message, I’ll try my best to get back to you!Say Hello